| Course description
|| The University of St Andrews has recently launched a new suite of interdisciplinary postgraduate programmes in Sustainable Development. These courses will expand your knowledge and understanding of sustainable development, enabling you to develop the expertise that will help you make a contribution to a sustainable future.
Course Programmes include:
* MSc in Sustainable Development (full academic year)
* Postgradaduate Diploma in Sustainable Development (two semesters)
* Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Development (one semester)
During this course you will learn about the underlying issues that have created today's global challenges and the possible journeys to a more sustainable society, whilst also taking advantage of options from a variety of other disciplines to follow your own personal pathway. Sustainability impacts on almost all aspects of life, so your future career could take you in one of many different directions. For example, you could:
* Work in industry addressing sustainability aspects of business management, engineering, planning, transport, project management, construction, waste, energy or environmental management.
* Make yourself heard as a sustainability researcher or policy adviser in local, regional or national government, NGOs and campaigning groups.
* Act as an adviser to supra-national bodies such as the United Nations, World Bank, European Union, OCED and such like.
* Become a sustainability adviser and assessor working directly in private sector organisations, industry or as a consultant (in both mainstream and specialist businesses).
* Help others directly through social development or aid work.
* Spread the word by outreach and education in sustainable living via public or third sector organisations (Councils, NGOs and such like).
* Stay at university to research a PhD, perhaps eventually going on to a teaching or research career.