This job is now closed and you may no longer apply.
Posted on 19 October 2012
Closed 16 November 2012
Project Manager, Mobile Technology Programme
Job DescriptionThe Cherie Blair Foundation for Women invests in women entrepreneurs so they can build and expand their businesses, and in doing so, benefit not only themselves but also their families and
The Foundation’s Mobile Technology Programme focuses on the use of mobile technology to achieve this objective. We work on a wide range of initiatives from developing independent research to implementing regional projects, all with the aim of utilising mobile technology to support women entrepreneurs in building successful businesses. Our recent projects include launching a new mobile information service for women entrepreneurs with Nokia; developing a mobile management information system for women entrepreneurs with Vodafone in India; and creating opportunities for women entrepreneurs to become mobile money agents with a leading mobile operator in
The Foundation is now looking for a Project Manager to support the work of the Mobile Technology Programme team. The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of specific projects assigned to him/her. The right candidate will be able to draw on a solid foundation of commercial expertise and mobile industry knowledge as well as international development experience in developing and emerging economies.
This is a new full-time role reporting to the head of the Mobile Technology Programme.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Managing complex development projects with partners spread across the non-profit, for-profit and donor community internationally and delivering on project targets
- Liaising with corporate partners and exploring synergies between their work and the Foundation’s objective to support women entrepreneurs in developing and emerging economies
- Providing support to local partner organisations and working with them on project implementation and reporting
- Liaising with the Foundation’s Fundraising and Partnerships Manager and in some cases directly with the donors of assigned projects on progress and performance
- Administrative tasks such as taking minutes of meetings, arranging travel, maintaining records and filing
- Supporting programme communications generally
- Other responsibilities to be added in line with experience and programme requirements
- Strong commercial background, with experience of working in the mobile industry and/ or finance
- Expertise in product development
- Ability to facilitate and structure partnerships between diverse stakeholders in the philanthropic, for-profit and non-profit space
- Excellent relationship management skills with donors, partners and corporate executives
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and ideas
- Interest in both the commercial and social benefits that are presented by the use of mobile phones for development
- Self-starter, highly motivated to develop assigned projects and drive them through to completion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to express complex technical, commercial or regulatory issues in plain language
- Experience of working in developing countries or emerging markets
- An understanding of mobile value added services, mobile money and mobile commerce eco-systems
- An understanding of evaluation techniques and the use of qualitative and quantitative methods to assess project impact
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.