This job is now closed and you may no longer apply.
Posted on 19 August 2013
Closed 09 September 2013
Fundraising Resources Manager
Job DescriptionJob title: Fundraising Resources Manager
Duration: 6 months maternity cover
Main Purpose of Role
The Fundraising Resources team acts as a central point of contact between Campaigns and Fundraising Offices. The primary focus of this role will be to support the production and fundraising and direct marketing materials and to ensure that they are factually accurate and reflect WSPA’s messaging and brand. This role will also have responsibility for writing compelling story content and updates for fundraising teams, including WSPA’s award-winning regular giving product Animal Protector, and coordinating the flow of Campaign/Programme information to WSPA’s Fundraising Offices.
Position in the Organisation
The Fundraising Resources Manager reports to the Head of Fundraising Resources and will sit within the Fundraising Resources team, which in turn sits within the International Fundraising Team. The Fundraising Resources team reports into the International Assistant Director of Fundraising, Partnership Giving and Fundraising Resources.
This role has line management responsibilities for an International Fundraising Assistant.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Produce information and story content to support the development of fundraising and direct marketing materials:
- Ensure accuracy of messaging and brand look and feel for direct marketing appeal and fundraising materials for WSPA Fundraising Offices
- Actively seek out opportunities to develop story and creative content that will bring WSPA’s work to life for donors, including project visits and interviewing Campaign/Programme staff or staff of WSPA’s partner organisations
- Develop compelling story content, including collecting content from the field for fundraising materials, especially WSPA’s regular giving product, Animal Protector
- Working with the International Creative Services Team to deliver engaging photographic and video content
- Working with the Head of Fundraising Resources, produce compelling packs of fundraising resources, including cases for support, case studies, budgets and shopping lists for Fundraising Offices
- Manage the production of the raw story content for WSPA News and Features (three editions a year distributed to Fundraising Offices for use in hard copy and email newsletters)
- Provide training to other WSPA departments in content collection and story telling
- Working closely with Campaign and Communications teams, ensure an effective flow of information for disasters to which WSPA is responding
- Oversee and encourage the use of the Fundraising Resource Bank, intranet or similar systems, including reviewing resources uploaded by Fundraising Offices, including creative work and other commentary as appropriate
- Answer information or messaging queries from Fundraising Offices
- Represent Fundraising Resources at internal working/strategy groups
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an ongoing framework for sharing best practice between WSPA Fundraising Offices
- Upload content, including on to the intranet, onto WSPA’s regular giving product, Animal Protector or similar, as appropriate to support fundraising objectives
- Help coordinate the timings of appeals (including direct marketing) across Fundraising Offices
- Manage the International Fundraising Assistant position and ensure his/her workload is effectively prioritised and that the International Fundraising team is properly supported.
- Contribute to producing an annual Fundraising Resources plan of activity and budget
- Support other requests for Campaign/Programme content as required
- Carry out any other task as reasonably requested
- Role requires international travel (up to a quarterly basis or more), sometimes in challenging environments
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Recent substantial experience in direct marketing fundraising, preferably with an international organisation
- Experience of writing and editing high quality, accurate fundraising content, specifically direct marketing appeals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to research, analyse and convey complex information to a variety of different audiences
- Proven track record of negotiating and consulting on items when necessary
- Interest in animal welfare
- Fluency in a second language
- Experience in writing funding proposals for major donor audiences
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV by Monday 9 September 2013.