This job is now closed and you may no longer apply.
Posted on 17 August 2012
Closed 31 August 2012
Corporate Donations Asistant
Job DescriptionContract typeFixed-term
Salary£22,000 pa (Pro-rata)
Hours35 hours per week
This unique role will enable you to acquire and develop specialist fundraising skills through winning resources and support from corporate donors for Crisis at Christmas.
You will help identify, research, approach and pitch to corporate businesses who donate the meal ingredients, materials, equipment, facilities, people and resources for the 23 different services provided by Crisis at Christmas.
In nine centres across London, Crisis at Christmas provides over 3000 homeless guests with companionship, support to alleviate loneliness or isolation and help people to take the first steps out of homelessness. With over 8000 volunteers, Crisis At Christmas is the largest volunteer led event in the UK.
The buildings, materials and equipment for Crisis at Christmas are almost wholly gifts in kind from corporate donors which will provide you with the opportunity to work at the very heart of this unique project.
Involvement in the development of our database will enable you to assist with the tracking of pledges, donations and help with the logistics of receiving and distributing gifts ranging from food to medicines, from clothing to bedding and catering equipment to vehicles.
Our goal to retain the goodwill of our corporate donors, year after year, will enable you to acquire excellent corporate donor care and account management skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain corporate fundraising experience.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Generating funds from the corporate sector or B2B selling within a fundraising, sales or tele-sales environment
- Face-to-face fundraising, telephone fundraising, sales or call-centre experience
- Developing new business opportunities, negotiating and influencing decision makers over the phone
- Building strong relationships with customers or corporate donors
- Well organised, ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and results orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and account stewardship skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite, (Excel in particular), and Raiser’s Edge Fundraising Database
- Demonstrable commitment to the mission, vision and values of Crisis
- Able to work unsociable hours including over the Christmas period from 22 to 31 December
- The ideal candidate will not have holidays commitments during the length of the contract