This job is now closed and you may no longer apply.
Posted on 15 August 2013
Closed 29 August 2013
Supporter Services Coordinators
Job DescriptionFull time, Fixed-term (6 month contracts)
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is a charity dedicated to the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. Through our captive breeding programmes and our scientific research and conservation work in the field, we are making a vital difference in the fight to save species from extinction.
ZSL is looking for two full-time Supporter Services Coordinators to join the join our busy Supporter Services and Membership Team, based at ZSL London Zoo, for 6 months. The salary will be £21,731 p.a. (inclusive of London Weighting) and the successful candidates will be required to work Monday to Friday.
The Supporter Services team is a single point of contact for general enquiries, members and donors, as well as being the portal through which other ZSL products and experiences can be sold and booked. Contact with supporters will be made via inbound and outbound phone calls, as well as face-to-face in order to maximize revenue for ZSL.
The ideal candidate will:
• be educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent and a qualification in customer service would be desirable
• have a good working knowledge of a customer relationship management system within a charity or commercial environment; a good working knowledge of Raisers Edge would be advantageous
• have excellent numerical, written and oral skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and customer care skills too; experience working in a customer service department within a charity would be an advantage
• be objective and target driven; highly organized and able to work well under pressure
• have an understanding of Bankers Automated Clearing Systems (BACS) and HM Revenue & Customers (HMRC) in regard to Gift Aid
• have a good understanding of the need for confidentiality
If you have the imagination to not only problem solve but to create new opportunities to support the key departments within ZSL, then we would love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 29th August 2013
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 10th September 2013
Registered Charity in England and Wales Number: 208728
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.