Posted by Humanitarian Leadership Academy
Training, Personal development
An exciting and challenging day that looks deeply at group dynamics and the role you play as a facilitator. This course helps facilitators to deal with power, conflict & big personalities!
A unique day of interactive and participatory learning to build your skills and confidence as a facilitator, meeting organiser or workshop leader.
This will be unlike training you’ve experienced before – you’ll be challenged, engaged and hopefully excited while experiencing the power of deep facilitation. While this is a day of learning, it is also time for you to think about your work and share your experiences. You’ll be asked to analyse difficult situations and come up with your own solutions.
You will also develop your skills and attitudes as a facilitator in working with diverse groups and using participatory processes. We'll look at what it means to be in the mind-set of a facilitator rather than to just ‘do facilitation’.
The day will include:
• What it means to be a facilitator
• How to support groups to recognise and work with their power dynamics
• Understand and deal with 'problem' behaviour
• Cultivate empathy and the appreciation of differences
• How to frame a group's needs
• Using questions effectively to draw out the experience of a group
• Using non-hierarchical and participatory methods
The Melting Pot, 5 Rose Street, Edinburgh, Greater London, EH2 2PRGoogle Map