Creative ways of working with bereaved children
- Venue: Enable Law Offices, 100 Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6HZ
- Region: South West
- Start Date: 21 March 2019
- End Date: 21 March 2019
- Cost: £95
Explore creative ways of helping children express themselves and communicate when someone important in their life is dying or has died.
- identify the importance of helping children find ways to express themselves and their feelings
- explore and develop self-awareness and support for ourselves
- gain an understanding of the theories of loss and grief in relation to children
- experience creative ways of helping children and families
- learn from others on the workshop, sharing examples of their work
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
This day is suitable for all those whose work or volunteering includes contact with families where children are bereaved in the social services, education, health or voluntary sector. Prior to attending, participants should have foundation level of knowledge around grief and loss with some experience.
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Enable Law for providing the venue for this training day.
“This is the best course I have been on! It’s made me feel confident with how to deal with a child with bereavement, and think about my practice. It’s given me lots of ideas to pass on to help support him, while giving me ideas of what to do in class.” Class teacher – Year 4