Posted by DEVIMPACT INSTITUTE
Project Management, Training
Training, Communications, PR
A day of practical media training to give you the tools to successfully promote your work and your organisation.
Participants will understand how to prepare and package media stories and examine any issues that might arise. You will learn how to communicate your story in a way that sets the media agenda, positively promotes your organisation and improves public relations.
During the day you will look at how to make the media work for you. You will understand how media and journalism can increase the success of your campaign.
The training day includes:
• What makes a story; when and where to place stories
• Knowing your audience
• Accessing, influencing and inspiring different demographics
• Messaging methods to feel confident in constructing media stories
• Media processes as you develop and ‘sell’ your story
• Writing skills (press releases, comment pieces, newsletters, publicity & letters to the editors)
• Social & digital media as a messaging and campaigning tool
• Dealing with negative media (crisis management)
• Feeling confident in developing and evaluating a media plan
Who should attend:
The course is designed for people working at local, national or international level. The programme will help local government, not-for-profit, NGOs, Social Enterprises, NHS staff or a business looking to maximise the impact of their media activity. Whether you’re an experienced media officer looking for new ways to work or you’re looking to start a new media campaign, this day will give you the support you need.
The Melting Pot, 5 Rose Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PR, ScotlandGoogle Map