Writing a sustainable funding strategy
- Venue: NCVO, 8 All Saints Street, London N1 9RL
- Region: Greater London
- Start Date: 17 July 2018
- End Date: 18 July 2018
- Cost: from 295
If you are a manager or trustee who has the responsibility for developing a funding strategy, then this two-day course is for you. Sustainable funding is more than just fundraising. It is more strategic, more flexible and is built around the aim of reducing an organisation’s exposure to risk while increasing its ability to pursue strategic goals.
This is two-day course will allow you to develop a comprehensive understanding of sustainable funding theory. This examines all sources of income: gifts and donations, grants, contracts, trading and enterprise, and loan finance, along with marketing and financial management. It also considers the importance of ethics and organisational values and culture
Pre course work
On signing up to the course you will be sent a link to a short (45-minute) webinar which will introduce you to the concept of sustainable funding and provide some headlines from data and research. We would also advise that you read almanac data to see latest trends and research in funding and income in the voluntary sector.
Day 1: Funding strategies in context
- How is a sustainable funding strategy different?
- The differences between income streams
- Evaluating opportunities and set them within an organisational context
- Defining realistic and appropriate funding goals,
- Exploring financial management tools and practices to monitor these goals
- Managing and mitigating against risk
- Integrating an ethical approach to funding
Day 2: Putting your funding strategy into practice
- How to strongly position your organisation in a competitive environment, win support and nurture a diverse range of relationships.
- The role of funding products – evaluating your portfolio and developing new ideas.
- Building a case for support and pitching successfully
- Building internal support and making change happen
- Share experiences, knowledge, challenges and solutions
- Consider how to produce and implement an appropriate and effective funding strategy
- Explore approaches to leading change and overcoming barriers.
Who should apply?
This course is aimed at those who have strategic overview or responsibility for raising funds across different income streams. It will be of most benefit to managers and decision makers who want support to create lasting change in their organisation’s or projects funding.
Every individual attending needs to be working – or volunteering – within an organisation at a strategic level. We know that many people reached this level with little formal training in fundraising and income generation, or perhaps find that they are not yet equipped with the skills and knowledge to steer their organisations through the rapidly changing funding landscape.
NCVO Conference Suite
8 All Saints Street
London N1 9RL
Any questions please email [email protected] or phone on 020 7520 2587.
Would you like to run this training for your organisation?
We offer bespoke and in-house training on a range of topics, including governance and leadership, volunteering and strategy development. For more information please complete our online contact form.