Are you looking for a Chief Executive role where every day is different and you can have a direct impact on improving the lives of young people?
Carlisle Youth Zone are offering a fantastic opportunity to lead and develop a pioneering and well established youth charity in Carlisle, committed to investing in our staff and volunteers and giving young people the opportunity to discover their passion and purpose.
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: Circa £50,000 (negotiable dependent on experience);
Hours: Permanent; Full time, 37.5 hours per week (or those necessary to fulfil requirements of the role)
Benefits: Up to 6% employer pension contribution, 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holiday days
Closing date: 9am, Monday 14 February 2022
Interviews: First stage interviews W/C 14 February 2022; second stage face to face interviews w/c 21 February 2022
About the organisation:
You will be leading the team at Carlisle Youth Zone, a national charity that believes all young people should have the opportunity to discover their passion and their purpose. To find out what they’ve got and where it could take them. Since opening the doors in April 2011, we have welcomed over 10,000 young members who have made nearly a quarter of a million visits! The Youth Zone has delivered thousands of hours of vital youth provision and provides a wide range of universal and targeted youth services for the benefit of thousands of young people across the City.
About the role:
This Chief Executive role is strategic, requiring effectiveness at a high level, yet at the same time it demands detailed and hands-on management. You will have responsibility for a revenue budget of £1m per annum and be able to influence effectively at senior level, while also be willing to get stuck into the detail; all this in an environment without corporate support structures. As Chief Executive, your relationship with the Chair of the Board will be supportive and challenging, enabling you to deliver on-going success for the Youth Zone.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide clear leadership for a very well established and experienced management team
- Further cultivate the vision that the Youth Zone is a safe and fun environment where the potential of young people is developed and fulfilled
- Ensure that structures, processes and controls are aligned with that strategy and plan
- Support the delivery of a robust funding plan
- Work with service providers locally to generate added benefits for young people and showcase the Youth Zone as an asset for the whole community
- Demonstrate the Carlisle Values and have a commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
As an exceptional leader, motivated to improve young people’s lives for the better, you will have the ability to think strategically and develop a long-term vision for the young people of Carlisle. You will need to bring with you the following skills and experience:
- A successful record of leading organisations or large, multi-faceted teams, and implementing strategies and business plans
- Experience generating significant income sources and managing complex funding streams
- Experience of the voluntary sector and/or working with young people
- Thrives in leading fast-paced, dynamic and high-risk environments
- A strong communicator and people manager
- Adept at motivating and leading others to deliver results
- Financially literate and highly logical
- An inclusive relationship builder with a wide variety of stakeholders
If you have the desire and drive to take on this leadership role, please provide a CV and supporting statement explaining how you meet the criteria for this role.
The strength of the charity comes from the diversity within their people. They aim for the team to reflect the local community and value people working together from a range of different backgrounds locally and nationally, and with different experiences, all with a shared passion for boosting the aspirations and lives of young people. Diversity brings innovation, fresh ideas and creativity, and they actively strive to create a culture that is truly inclusive and fair for all and where everyone in the team can be themselves and thrive. The organisation is committed to the safeguarding of young people. In accordance with Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires an enhanced DBS check.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Chief Executive, COO, Senior Leader, Chief Executive Officer, CEO, Deputy CEO, Acting CEO, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Interim CEO, Interim Chief Executive Officer, Charity Leader, etc.