Finance and Commercial Director
We are looking for a senior leader to take on strategic responsibility for the finance and commercial strategies for a group of Hospices who are leaders in compassionate end of life care.
Position: Finance and Commercial Director
Salary: £68,000 - £72,000 per annum
Location: Coventry and/or Warwick with possible travel to other sites
Contract: Full time, permanent
Benefits: 10% employer pension contribution, 31 days annual leave excluding statutory holidays, death in service benefit, free on-site parking, flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week, access to Blue Light Card benefits, free Employee Assistance Programme
Closing date: 26th January 2022
About the role:
As Finance and Commercial Director you will ensure the financial sustainability and effective strategic leadership of The organisation and actively develop and monitor the cost-effective delivery of commercial strategies in line with their aim to grow patient and family services across Coventry and Warwickshire.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and lead the financial strategy and the financial aspects of any strategic projects for the organisation
- Provide the CEO, Senior Leadership Team, Finance and Audit Committee and Board of Trustees with financial reports, forecasts and analysis
- Develop and maintain financial, commercial and growth strategies
- Write and review policies and procedures relating to all financial and commercial activity
- Oversee the effective operation and development for all accounting functions
- Produce monthly management accounts and finance reports
- Plan, develop and implement commercial strategies
- Undertake market research to identify opportunities to generate new revenue and analyse threats and opportunities
- Identify opportunities to apply for social investment
As Finance and Commercial Director you will have extensive experience at a senior level, ideally within a non-profit/charity. You will also bring with you the following skills and experience:
- CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA Qualified Accountant
- Understanding of and working within legal and governance frameworks
- Experience of identifying opportunities for investment and being able to produce robust and well researched business plans
- Identifying, researching and developing commercial opportunities
- Overseeing financial audits
- Multi-departmental financial and cash-flow forecasting
- Significant budget development and direction setting experience
- Knowledge of financial legislation relevant to Charities (including SORP)
- Payroll and pension legislation and best practice
- Excellent finance based IT skills including advanced excel and ideally SAGE 200 or similar
Please note: in line with recent legislation, successful applicants for this vacancy will be required to have received two doses of an approved Covid 19 vaccination by 1st April 2022, unless medically exempt.
You may also have experience as Finance, Finance Director, Head of Finance, Director, Finance Manager, Operation Director, Finance Controller, Financial, Financial Controller, Head of Accounts, Accounting, Chief Finance Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Financial Director, Finance & Commercial Director, Director of Commercial Finance, Commercial Finance Manager, Commercial Director, etc.