About Us: JAN Trust is a multi-award winning non for profit organisation that has been established for nearly three decades. Its aim is to empower and provide leadership for disadvantaged women. We believe that education, encouragement and empowerment create active citizens of society. We work with grass roots disadvantaged women who are deprived and hard to reach.
Role Overview, Job Description and Person Specification:
We are seeking an enthusiastic, pro-active, honest and committed individual(s) to join our small team in London as a volunteer. You must have a keen interest and experience in working with ethnic minority and Muslim women's empowerment and be passionate about our ethos and work.
The role will provide exposure and experience with a range of our services.
- Relationship building with key organisations
- Visiting schools, colleges, community organisations and faith based organisations on issues such as forced marriage, domestic violence and radicalisation
- Researching sensitive issues such as Islamophobia and radicalisation
- Assisting ethnic minority women in class particularly ICT and English classes
- Assisting in organising and attending events
- Fundraising assistance
- Managing social media
- Assist in report writing and monitoring
- Press Liaison
- Admin support
- Undertaking outreach work
- To maintain all information in line with confidentiality and data protection policies
- A graduate or student with a keen interest in the charity sector and BAMER and Muslim women's empowerment
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong research skills
- Solid communication skills – written and verbal
- Able to work independently and in a team
- The ability to work in a positive manner, under tight deadlines
- IT skills (word processing, databases, spread sheets and outlook)
- Knowledge of websites and social media
- Integrity and commitment is essential
- Adhering to confidentiality at all times.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.