Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Personal Assistant to Executive Director/ Board Secretary Job Description
Job Title: Personal Assistant to Executive Director/Board Secretary
Organisation: 28 Too Many
Responsible to: Executive Director (ED) & Operations Manager/ Chair of Board (Board Sec)
Based in: Barnet, North London/working from home/attending meetings in various locations
Fixed term: Six- 12 month fixed term contract (subject to funding - self-employment essential)
Part-time: Up to 19 hours per week (flexible working arrangements) + 4-5 hours per month a month (Board Sec)
Remuneration: £15 per hour actually worked (based on time sheets) + £10 per hour for Board Sec role
We kindly ask that if you do not fulfil this criteria then please do not apply.
Purpose of the Organisation
28 Too Many is an anti-female genital mutilation research NGO, created to influence change in FGM across the 28 African countries where it is practised and in the diaspora communities in the UK, Europe and North America. Our approach is to create credible information that is used to influence the influencers from grassroots organisations through to heads of government and policy makers.
The main purpose of the job is to provide PA support to the ED and secretarial support to the Board of Trustees.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
Office Administrative Support:
Board Secretary role specifics:
Provide secretarial support to the Board of Trustees, including tasks such as:
ESSENTIAL PROVEN ABILITIES
• Appropriate experience (10+ years) in business and/or office administration, ideally previous experience of providing PA support and/or Board level support
• Experience of event and/or meeting organisation
• Desired experience of working in an NGO, public sector or charity
• Desired experience of caring
• High degree of written and verbal communications skills
• Extensive PC skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, internet research.
• Strong organisational skills, including prioritisation and planning
• Ability to produce reports and presentations
• Strong inter-personal/relational skills
• Ability to undertake research
• Accurate proofing/editing & grammar skills
• Desirable but not essential: knowledge of Zoom & Xero
• Driving license
• Attention to detail
• Ability to confidently represent the organisation at events & meetings as needed
• Mature and ordered approach
• Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions
• Receptive to guidance
• Able to retain confidentiality at a high level
• Desirable: Christian faith
• Comfortable in attending inter-faith/multi-faith/Christian events