Job DescriptionEnkindle Consulting was started in 2012 by Richard Owens to offer cost effective management, marketing and training support to a range of charities in the overseas mission & development sector.
Based in offices near to Southport Town Centre(less than 15mins walk from Southport Rail Station)
We are now launching an internship for graduates interested in a career in the charity sector.
The intern would be working on a range of projects including:
- Member networking events for one client
- Committee meetings for several clients
- Charity Administration eg gift aid and annual accounts
- Web development
- Training and events programme
- New business development/research
- Research and assistance with marketing new overseas 'mission experience' trip to developing world
- Contributions to fundraising planning for new International Development charity
The following skills would be developed- under close mentorship
- Telephone, email protocol and professional standards of administration
- Project development and time scheduling
- Web site maintenance/blog article writing/leaflet layout
- Database maintenance
- General management skills- charity sector specific
This is an unpaid internship(with daily expenses up to £10) . At the end of 3 months, or by agreement, a comprehensive reference will be provided for the intern's career development - and continual professional feedback and guidance is provided during the 3 month internship. After this initial period , a further internship agreement could be embarked upon- or the intern would also be in a positive position to apply for any paid posts as Enkindle continues to expand.
Minimum 3 days per week, agreed in advance
Some of our clients are in the Catholic missionary sector - so some understanding of or empathy with the Church's role overseas would be an advantage(for example two-thirds of health& education is provide by churches in Africa) .... but with an open and enquiring working style, an intern could also easily adapt to the sector.
This job is suitable for a recent graduate.