We have a rewarding opportunity available for a Female Crisis House Day Support Worker to join our team based in Bristol. You will join us on permanent full-time basis or a three month fixed- term contract basis, working 37.5 hours per week. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £21,166 per annum and benefits.
Would you like to join the largest provider of women-only services in Bristol bringing innovation, expertise and extensive experience? Established in 1983, BRISTOL MISSING LINK (incorporating Next Link and Safe Link) is a leading provider of women’s support services in Bristol.
In return for joining us, we will offer you:
- Up to 30 days annual leave (depending on length of service)
- 3 extra holidays including International Women’s Day
- Excellent development and training opportunities
- Employer pension contribution (minimum 5% of your gross salary)
- Mindful Employer Plus Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Wellness Awards
About the role:
We are looking for a positive and dynamic Female Crisis House Day Support Worker who will work in our crisis house for women experiencing a mental health crisis and who are unable to cope in the community. The crisis house works to a social care model of recovery. Successful candidates will be responsible for the support and safety of our service users.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Female Crisis House Day Support Worker:
- Carry out assessments and take referrals in line with policy.
- Provide a package of practical and emotional support to women living in the Crisis House Service.
- Provide the highest possible standard of care and support to service users in accordance with the policies and procedures of Missing Link.
- Liaise with all appropriate agencies to ensure appropriate referrals and the best access to appropriate mental
- Contribute to the overall aims and objectives of the Crisis House and facilitate service users mental health recovery.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Crisis House.
This is not an exhaustive list of your duties and outlines the general ways in which it is expected you will meet the overall requirements of this post.
What we are looking for in our ideal Female Crisis House Day Support Worker:
- Experience of support planning and crisis prevention
- Experience of working in a support or care setting with people in mental health crisis
- Experience of managing emergency situations effectively
- The ability to work day shift pattern 7:00 – 15:00 and 14:00 – 22:00, including weekends on a rota basis.
Closing date: 9am Friday 17th April 2020
Interview date: Friday 24th April 2020
If you are motivated, resourceful and passionate about empowering and supporting women in crisis please apply now to join us as our Female Crisis House Day Support Worker and contribute to the valuable work Missing Link and its wider services do.
Please monitor your emails following your application.
Missing Link is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Missing Link is committed to Equal Opportunities. *Due to the specific requirements of this role, this post is exempt under the Equality Act (2010), Part 1, Schedule 9 (Genuine Occupational Requirement.)