Permanent, working from home, opportunity.
*** Internal Job Title - Outcomes & Fundraising Data Officer ***
About the Trust
At the Canal & River Trust, we believe life’s better by water, and that the waterways we take care of make an important contribution to the health and wellbeing of local communities and economies. We have an extraordinary range of professionals to help bring our waterways to life, including people with the knowledge and skills to deliver high-quality geographic information systems and services.
We have a permanent opportunity for a Outcomes & Fundraising Data Officer/ Data Engineer OR Analyst to join us. Reporting to the CRM & Outcomes Data Manager, the Outcomes & Fundraising Data Officer / Data Engineer OR Analyst will be responsible for the management of all data linked to the Trust’s Insight & Evidence programmes, ensuring data quality and ease of access to key data sources.
We believe that life is better by water, and our work every day is transforming our canals and rivers into spaces where local people want to spend time and feel better, bringing wellbeing benefits to millions. As we continue to bring and promote the benefits of our waterways to our diverse communities and individuals nationwide, it is essential that we develop the evidence base, that will estimate and demonstrate the difference we are making to individuals, communities and society as a whole.
See how we make difference: check our Website
Our-values: check our Website
Location & coverage
Our Outcomes & Fundraising Data Officer will be offered on a remote working basis, with a requirement to attend our main hub spaces as and when required for team working a collaborative meetings.
Relevant hubs include: Leeds, Ellesmere Port, Burnley, Newark, Birmingham, Milton Keynes, Gloucester, London.
The regularity & flexibility of travel will be discussed further at interview stage.
See our canal network here: check our Website
Our Outcomes & Fundraising Data Officer / Data Engineer OR Analyst will be part of a small professional team responsible for planning and delivery of the outcomes based research, evaluation, market research, measurement and monetisation programme.
You will be partnering & working closely with a variety of national team members including National Insight & Evidence Manager, Research & Insight Team, Impact & Evidence Team, Business Intelligence Manager, CRM Specialist, IT, Individual & Legacy Giving Team.
- Responsible for the creation and management of systems for collating and managing data from a variety of sources, including CRM, fundraising, survey, towpath counter data and third party demographic data.
- Responsible for design and creation of appropriate data models and building of data marts within the Trust’s data warehouse, using recognized data warehouse methodology (e.g. Kimball) and incorporating testing of these models.
- Creation/building of Power BI dashboards and SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) report to allow members of the Insight & Evidence team to access accurate key results in a timely manner. This will include creation of regular reports and production of ad hoc reports.
- Developing a close working relationship with the Trust’s central IT/Business Intelligence teams to ensure data solutions are built in accordance with wider Trust standards and methods of work.
- Undertake the storage and collation of raw data from day to day activities across the Trust; projects, mystery shopping, and other tools used to measure the quality of customer/service facilities, and user/ visitor experience.
- Maintain the Central Repository of Evidence - inputting and cataloguing items received and ensuring compliance with GDPR regulation.
Knowledge, experience & skills:
- Relevant working experience in data engineering - data cleansing, data pipelines, data modeling, and data integration
- Working experience in building data pipelines in production and ability to work across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Experience preparing data for analytics and following a data science workflow.
- Extensive hands-on experience of SQL and MS Power BI tools (including Tableau,TSQL, SSAS, SSRS and SSIS), Excel and VBA with programming and database administration experience being an advantage.
- Experience in formal documentation of requirements.
- Relevant professional experience and evidence of formal training, either to degree level or other recognized professional training.
- Sugar CRM experience, desirable.
- Self-motivated and independent learner.
- Evidence of strong written communication skills - ability to write clear and concise communications, with high attention to detail
- Good verbal communication skills to explain complex solutions to customers in a clear and concise manner - ability to plainly communicate to all stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
To Apply:click on the "Apply for this job" button and follow the process - complete the application form & upload current CV.
Vacancy closes 29 May 2022 at 23:59
We are currently conducting our interview processes virtually as we continue to respect and follow necessary social distancing guidance to protect our team and our candidates. You may be invited to a face to face further stage interview which will always be conducted following strict social distancing guidelines.
In addition to your salary of £30,000 - £35,000 DOE, you will benefit from a competitive contributory DC Pension scheme arrangement, great holiday entitlement (increasing with years of service) and numerous other employee benefits, all of which can be found here: Our benefits (please check our website).
At the Trust we care passionately for our waterways, and as importantly, for those who look after and use them. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do as a Trust. We are striving to represent the diverse communities that we are a part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community.
All candidates will be treated on the basis of their merits, skills and abilities and solely by being assessed against the requirements for the job.
When you join the Canal & River Trust you become a member of an engaged team working to preserve our heritage for future generations. Come and share your passion and knowledge with a team that makes a difference to millions of people every day.
Check our website to find out more about the work we do and opportunities currently available.