If you have a passion for developing relationships, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in raising funds from Trusts and Grants, we would love to hear from you.
We offer a super flexible approach to working days/hours, whether it needs to fit around schools runs, caring responsibilities or shift-working partners, we are happy to consider a hybrid of home and office working, too.
4Sight Vision Support currently supports over 2,000 blind and sight impaired children and adults living in West Sussex, however, there are an estimated 34,500 people living with some form of sight loss in our County. We have ambitious plans to grow our services and further tailor the support we offer over the next 3-5 years.
Having recently completed a Fundraising Audit, updated our Mission, Vision and Values and devised a new Future Services Strategy, this is an exciting time to join - you could be part of the transformation!
The Trusts and Grants Officer sits in the Fundraising, Marketing and Communications Team and will be building on our successful track record of Trust Fundraising, helping to grow this important income stream for the charity.
While our Head Office is based in Bognor Regis, West Sussex, we offer a very flexible approach to hours, days and location.
Trusts and Grants Fundraising Officer role and responsibilities:
- Developing and writing compelling funding propositions to Trusts, Foundations, Statutory funders and other grant making organisations in a timely manner and to agreed financial targets.
- Building on the ongoing development of the Trust & Foundation pipeline
- Conducting thorough research to keep abreast of Trust funding criteria and identify new funding opportunities.
- Adhering to Trust and Foundation reporting criteria and working with the frontline services team to implement evidence gathering processes to complete funding reports.
- Support the Fundraising Manager in the development of strategy and plans
- Stewardship and account management of key funder relationships
- To contribute to the further development of optimal CRM usage for planning and reporting work with the Fundraising Manager
- To work with colleagues internally to develop interesting and compelling funding propositions and contribute to other areas of fundraising
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of fundraising from trusts and foundations
- Relevant fundraising qualification or experience equivalent to a degree qualification is desirable
- Experience of broader fundraising disciplines is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to proactively plan and manage a varied and busy workload
Job hours: Part time – 21 hours per week
Salary: £24,000- £26,000 FTE - £14,400 – £15,600 Pro Rata
Contract: 2 years fixed term contract - moving to permanent after the 2 years, subject to 6 month probation.
Hours and workplace:
- Hours to be worked - 21 hours per week, with flexibility around days, times and location. Some time to be spent working from our Head Office in Bognor Regis, and evening and weekend working may be required on occasions.
- To keep our staff as safe as possible we are carrying out lateral flow testing twice a week and are following strict guidelines to ensure that those in the workplace wherever possible are following social distancing of 2 metres.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining why you wish to apply for the role and what skills and experience you would bring to the position.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.