500k is a small and rapdily growing organisation which exists to empower indigenous people in their work of sharing the love of God and establishing faith communities in South Asia. We are seeking a Communications (Comms) Officer to lead our engagement with our prayer and giving community. This is primarily done through the sharing of stories of how God is using 500k to transform lives in Asia and of the breakthroughs we are achieving there. The Comms Officer will also play a crucial role in the organisation's fundraising strategy, particularly in the domains of donor retention, development and acquisition.
Time: 2-3 days a week (negotiable)
Salary: £20,000-£23,000 for full time [40 hours/week] equivalent.
The ideal applicant will:
- Be a committed Christian and be passionate about 500k's mission of sharing the Good News of Jesus
- Be a talented story teller
- Have significant copy writing and marketing experience
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to execute meaningful and inspirational two-way communication with diverse groups of people, from business leaders and owners (major donors) through NGO and church leaders, to indigenous South Asian workers with only a limited grasp of English - and everyone in between.
- Be able to organise and execute fundraisers and vision events.
- Be self-motivated and able to work from home and without close supervision.
- Have the strategy and leadership skills to optimise our existing comms strategy and adapt it in accordance with the organisation's rapidly developing needs.
- Have either the capacity to create media, website, video and other marketing tools OR have the capacity to engage contractors for this work.
This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role at a critical juncture in a young and rapidly growing organisation's development. The Comms Officer will:
- Participate in a small and passionate team
- Be immersed in a start-up culture
- Work with some of the world's most inspirational workers on the front-line in South Asia.
We are a young and rapidly growing organisation. In the last 6 years we have expanded from supporting 30 indigenous workers to over 500. We have grown in income from c. £30,000 p.a. to over £400,000 p.a. and are seeking to continue this growth. Despite this we are a small team of 3 employed staff working alongside active trustees and volunteers. Ed, the Founder and Lead, gives 3 days a week to leading the organisation alongside his work as a medical doctor.
We are based in London but most staff work from home or own office space. There is no geographic limitation to this role.
The Comms Officer is a temporary 1 year role. We anticipate the organisation to develop significantly during this time and the role shall be re-evaluated at the end of this period.
The Comms Officer will be expected to develop the comms strategy implementation but at present it is (in order of importance):
- Once weekly Social media content (stories & charity updates)
- 2 monthly and ad-hoc (as required) newsletters
- Overseeing the quality of worker sponsorship reports and materials (the execution of this will continue to be done by the existing staff team)
- Supporting Ed in major donor relations
- Helping plan and implement fundraisers/vision events.
- Helping develop new promotional materials including web, video etc.
For any questions please contact the below email. To apply, send the following:
An up to date CV
A brief cover letter (max 500 words) on why you are interested in the job and your relevant skills and experience
Any relevant previous materials you’ve produced (this can include promotional stories, newsletter emails, marketing pieces or graphics/web/video work.
A shortlist will be invited to interview
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.