The Rainforest Foundation UK is looking for an experienced Administration Officer to join the team and help us in achieving our goal – protecting the indigenous peoples and their habitats – the world’s rainforests.
You will be handling various tasks such as supporting office manager in day-to-day running of the office, servicing meetings, making travel arrangements, finance administration and maintaining records in the fundraising database. The role would be closely linked to general office management as well as Communications and Fundraising departments.
We are looking for an efficient and well organised candidate who is able to collaborate with and provide support to a number of organisational functions as well as work well under pressure. Successful candidate will have:
- Experience of office administration (preferably in a charity or an international development context).
- Experience in maintaining filing and tracking systems.
- At least two ‘A’ levels, and GSCEs in English and Maths.
- High level of competence in using software packages, including the main Microsoft Office applications, and especially, Excel.
- Good command of the English language.
- Demonstrable attention to detail.
- Pleasant telephone manner as well as efficiency in relaying messages and taking instructions.
- Ability to work in a team, or independently under the direction of the line manager.
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to learn on the job.
Highly desirable skills include:
- Experience in using databases.
- Experience of organising meetings.
- Financial management/accounting experience in a charity/development project context.
In return, we are offering a salary of £26,000, 4% non-contributory pension and 30 days of annual leave.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.