Jericho Job Advert
JOB TITLE: CLIENT SUPPORT OFFICER – Equiano Project. Fixed term until February 2020
SALARY RANGE: £19.5k - £21k per annum
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 Hours per week, excluding breaks, Monday - Friday The salary can be paid on a pro rata basis for part time working
REPORTS TO: Equiano Project Manager
EMPLOYED BY: The Jericho Foundation
BASED AT: Various sites in and around central Birmingham. Office base will be at Jericho Foundation, 196-198 Edward Road, Balsall Heath. B12 9LX
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office based with travel between various sites in and around central Birmingham
The Jericho Foundation works to help individuals who experience significant personal or occupational barriers to employment, training or social inclusion to overcome these barriers to become skilled, fulfilled and employed. We aim to achieve these goals through training and work experience in our range of social enterprises
The primary role of the Client Support Officer is to provide guidance, support, work experience and training to a number of clients on Jericho contracts. You will be part of a committed and enthusiastic team who will work with you to provide every possible assistance to clients to help them overcome their barriers to social integration, training and sustainable employment.
You will have specific responsibility for working on the Equiano project and will manage a caseload of clients who are survivors of Modern Slavery.
Whilst the position will be based at Jericho’s offices in Balsall Heath you may also be asked to work off site, at Jobcentres, Outreach projects, jobs fairs or community events as part of the role, as well as travelling between Jericho’s Birmingham based social enterprises.
Specific tasks will include but will not be limited to:
1. Liaising with key referral partners to recruit, interview and assess new referrals.
2. One to one support to assist clients with referrals into supported housing, accessing health support, food banks and other support services as well as with generally navigating British life.
3. Supporting clients into a paid or voluntary work placement within Jericho’s social enterprise businesses.
4. Advocating on behalf of clients, particularly with regard to housing, benefits and other concerns.
5. Referral, where appropriate, for clients into ESOL and other training.
6. Mentoring of clients will also be an important aspect of this role.
7. Close liaison with departmental managers to ensure all support for clients is consistent and coordinated.
8. Responsibility for recruiting, training and supervising a small number of volunteers from partner churches and other organisations who will support in delivery of the project, and act as befrienders to the clients.
9. Liaising with external agencies, particularly when referring clients into specialist support.
10. Departmental Administration duties will include: One to one or group induction of clients, maintaining electronic and paper client files, issuing and logging travel expenses where appropriate and other tasks as required.
11. There will also be an element of statistical analysis and data collection associated with recording the progress of clients and also regular monthly (or more frequently if required) performance reviews of clients.
12. Remaining up to date with issues around Modern Slavery and attending relevant events and meetings when required, including building positive relationships with external stakeholders and partners
13. Implementation of Jericho’s environmental policy, particularly in respect of the sourcing of materials, switching off lights, recycling etc.
14. Implementation of Jericho’s equal opportunities policy. The Client Support Officer will treat all clients equally irrespective of their disability, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, age, sex or marital status
15. To carry out any other duties deemed necessary by the Line Manager.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST:
1. A self-motivated person, with a mature, professional outlook, who can also motivate others.
2. Evidence of ability and/or experience of working with socially-excluded or disadvantaged people.
3. Evidence of ability and/or experience at helping people grow in confidence and self esteem such that they can achieve their true potential
4. Ability to show leadership but also able to work under direction and be a team member.
5. Extensive knowledge and experience of support, mentoring, training or advice work.
6. Client focused approach i.e. friendly, helpful, flexible, polite
7. An ability to prepare one’s own work plan and manage the activities of others.
8. Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
9. Ability to keep accurate records.
10. Full driving licence and access to a vehicle which you are prepared to use for business use (expenses will be paid for business mileage)
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN FOR THE FOLLOWING:
1.Good network of contacts with external companies and partners.
2. Experience of working with Survivors of Modern Slavery
3. Educated to degree level or equivalent.
4. Level 4 IAG or above
5. Mentoring qualification
6. Experience of working with clients with issues around substance misuse
7. Knowledge of an Eastern European language
8. Experience of working in a multi-ethnic, multi-faith environment.
9. In sympathy with the Christian ethos of the organisation, and supportive of our core values of Respect, Equality, Love, Integrity and Excellence.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.