Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
New Schools Network (NSN) is a dynamic, growing charity that aims to improve the quality of education – particularly for the most deprived – by increasing the number of good free schools within the state sector. By offering advice, guidance and support, the charity has been instrumental in helping hundreds of groups of parents, teachers, charities and schools to establish new schools. Over the last two years, NSN has expanded its activities to supporting the 800 or so free schools that are open or have been approved to open. This is an exciting opportunity to improve the quality of education in England.
We are an ever-growing small organisation that overseas all elements of the Free Schools process. We spend our time supporting others and need someone internally to support us. You will provide administrative support to the Office and Finance Manager.
· Supporting the Office Manager to maintain the office
· Ordering office stationery, equipment and weekly groceries
· Maintaining printers and office equipment – arranging repairs when necessary
· Arranging the disposal and recycling of office consumables and equipment
· Maintaining the franking machine and ensuring it has enough credit
· Collecting and filing of receipts
· Cross referencing invoices and expense claims
· Booking travel and accommodation
· Distributing post and posting post ad hoc
· Handling petty cash
· Collating of the Delivery team’s timesheets each month
· Visiting the Manchester office once a fortnight to maintain the office
· Uploading of job advertisements during recruitment
· Setting up the laptops for new employees
· Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment
· Arranging first aid and fire marshal training for staff
· Allocating Development Programme applications for assessment and monitoring progress
· Booking interviews for new applicants on the Development Programme
Strong candidates will be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
· Administrative experience
· Effective communicator via e-mail, telephone and in person
· Managements of databases and records
· Experience of working in a customer/client focussed environment.
· Knowledge of Microsoft programmes, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
· Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Must be able to work on own initiative as well as in a team
· Excellent Multi-tasker
Expertise or experience in any of the following will be an advantage:
· Knowledge of Salesforce
To apply, please click 'apply now' and attach your CV with a covering letter, explaining why you are the right person for this job. Please also include details of your current salary and notice period.