The Business Development and Property Manager volunteer will be responsible for developing extensive property assets into a sustainable business. S/he will work with VMM's partner organisation, the Rosmini Institute of Charity, a not-for-profit organisation, based in rural areas of Tanzania, where they strive to empower and assist in the development of communities. RIC is currently providing support to thousands of people through health centres, schools and community health programmes. However, it is dependent on outside funding and its aim is to become financially sustainable through the use of its own resources for income generation. This is the exciting challenge which lies at the heart of the new Business Development and Property Manager role.
Reporting to RIC management team, the Business Development and Property Manager volunteer will:
- Provide a lead role in initiating and facilitating for optimum utilisation of RIC’s assets and resources to achieve self-reliance and long term financial sustainability for the organisation’s operations
- Oversee all RIC properties in East Africa in collaboration with local Rosmini centre managers
- Propose goals and objectives for each property
- Submit market studies, strategic and budgetary planning and regular reporting
- Some travel will be required
Benefits of Volunteering with VMM International
Volunteering with VMM comes with a range of advantages and incentives for volunteers. This is a fully funded post: volunteers are provided with a generous living allowance, return flights, free accommodation, orientation training, specialist insurance, 24/7 support and more.
Other benefits include membership of VMM’s community of volunteers and returned volunteers and numerous professional development opportunities. All volunteers are asked to fundraise in the region of €1500 towards their placement. We offer significant support for this.
VMM International is seeking an experienced and dedicated volunteer. The successful candidate will have:
- A background in property or business management with particular skills in property/feasibility studies, from a range of sectors including the private, public or not-for-profit sector
- A qualification in business, finance, real estate or similar
- The ability to give clear, articulate narrative and financial reports
- The ability to formulate and implement strategies that will add value to the RIC portfolio
If you are a determined individual with these skills, seeking an opportunity in international development and looking to contribute to the lives of people in Tanzania, this post will interest you. If you would like more information please phone VMM's Dublin office +353 1 8734 562
This post will close 10th of February.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.