Want to use your skills in water supply engineering to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Programme Advisor - Water to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
You will be part of the Quality Programmes Team within the Programme Support Unit (PSU) of the International Programmes Department, WaterAid UK and will provide advice and specialist support across the organisation.
As our Programme Support Advisor - Water you will work with country and regional teams to promote good practice in water development, develop standards, review water supply scheme designs, capture lessons from WaterAid's work on water supply and produce clear documentation of learning. You will coordinate with colleagues working on different themes within the PSU to ensure that WaterAid has an integrated approach to WASH.
This is a full time, permanent position, offering flexible working.
- Responsible for providing support and advice related to water supply programmes in Country Programmes.
- Develop standards and guidelines for key areas of work.
- Contribute to designing and delivering targeted training and capacity building initiatives on adaptive and inclusive water supply programming for select countries and regions within WaterAid.
- Support and contribute to the delivery of projects, working in close collaboration with colleagues.
- Lead on and coordinate documentation and learning from the implementation of water supply projects in country.
- Support and foster collaborations between participating agencies in country.
- Support the delivery of projects
- Lead on learning and documentation, including sharing and dissemination of learning outputs.
To be successful, you'll need:
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering
- Substantial experience of working in the international development sector
- Experience of working on multi-country and multi-partner collaborations and projects
- Experience of designing water supply schemes and developing best practice standards
- Experience in facilitating, training and development on approaches widely used in the sector
- Ability to communicate clearly and influence colleagues and peers
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Knowledge and experience of project design and delivery
- Ability to work and travel overseas
- Willingness and ability to undertake routine, logistical and administrative tasks.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Working style that reflects Water Aid's values
- Willingness to travel overseas
WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye test
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave.
- Volunteer Day
This job can be based in London but also anywhere in the UK. We will also consider application from locations where WaterAid has an official presence with good international transport links.
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be leaving our current location in the summer of 2020. The new location is to be confirmed but will be within zone 1-2 in London. The recruiting line manager will discuss this with you at the interview stage.
To see the full job pack, please click the 'Apply' Button
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in either Word Document or PDF format.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on 18/10/2019. Availability for interview is required week commencing 04/11/2019.
Salary: London salary (£36,590) or regional (£33,490); competitive in location outside of the UK (in line with the local market)
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.