ABSS is looking for a ‘Programme Manager’ to join the team. The purpose of the role is to lead and ensure delivery of the A Better Start Southend programme’s portfolio of projects to time, cost and quality requirements, with systems and processes appropriate to the size and scope of the projects and programmes commissioned.
- 26 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a Team Recognition Scheme to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
- Ensure ABSS commissioned projects are clearly specified with appropriate service level agreements and targets and are delivered in accordance with contracts.
- Review existing contract management processes and procedures to ensure they are fit-for-purpose and appropriate to the current stage of the ABSS Programme.
- Review commissioned projects as they approach contract term, lead reviews, recommissioning or decommissioning.
- Contribute to the development of medium/long-term legacy proposals for commissioned projects and programmes.
- Line manage Project Management staff
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Proven experience of successful programme and project management in complex environments.
- Experience of managing people and coordinating activity to achieve project objectives.
- Demonstrable leadership skills in motivating and influencing stakeholders to contribute to the overall success of each strand of the programme.
Hours per week: 37.5
Weeks per year: 52
Closing date: Sunday 13th June 2021
Virtual interview dates: Monday 28th June 2021
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
About The Service
A Better Start Southend (ABSS) is a ten-year Lottery funded programme developing innovative new approaches to supporting children and families, with the aim of improving the life chances of over 13,000 babies and young children across Southend-on-Sea. Comprising of a partnership of key agencies and the local community, the programme commenced in April 2015 and is managed by the Early Years Alliance and Southend-on-Sea Borough Council.
The ABSS Programme focuses on three key work streams: Diet and Nutrition, Communication and Language, Social and Emotional Development, with a further two sub-themes of Systems Change and Community Resilience.
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.