Our partner, a humanitarian organisation, working to offer safety to communities affected by conflict, and offering them the opportunity to rebuild their lives. They are seeking a Country Finance Manager to oversee their programme in Iraq; this is one of their largest country programmes. In addition to strong technical accounting, finance and grants management experience, the successful candidate will have excellent communication and business partnering skills, and demonstrate the ability to influence and negotiate with tact.
- Oversight of the accounting & finance function, including the day-to-day accounting processes, month-end processes, management accounting and analysis, and reporting, ensuring that these are statutorily, regulatory and tax compliant.
- Review and developing the control environment, implementing tools as appropriate.
- Financial management, including managing the cash position and cashflow requirements, oversight of annual budget preparation, forecasts and re-forecasts, and treasury (managing exchange rate fluctuations).
- Working with the SMT to monitor the performance of projects, and analysing, forecasting and reporting on the inputs, linking these to deliverables.
- Oversight of the delivery of partner contracts, ensuring that they comply with the organisation’s contractual obligations.
- Oversight of annual audit and donor audits
- Qualified accountant, with experience working in an INGO, preferably within a complex or humanitarian context.
- Excellent technical accounting & financial management skills, with a developed understanding of risk management and cash management in complex environments.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets for projects, and producing high quality reports for a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and business partnering skills
- Experience working in a developing context (minimum 2 years).
This role is only open to candidates who are not on the restricted list to obtain visas to work in Iraq.
As this is a hardship placement, the successful individual will receive additional allowances covering cost of living, hardship, and performance as a senior manager.
They are open to considering interim candidates (with immediate availability of 3 months) whilst they seek to recruit someone permanent.