Our partner, an international health enabler, is seeking a Head of Finance to oversee its finance function through a period of organisational change and growth.
- Oversee and maintain an effective finance function, in the UK and overseas, ensuring that the organisation meets all statutory and regulatory obligations, and maintain a sound control environment and reviewing, improving & streamlining accounting & financial management processes as required.
- As a member of the SMT, oversee the development and implementation of the financial strategy and plan for the organisation.
- Produce the annual organisational budget, and cashflow forecasts and re-forecasts,.
- Act as a finance business partner to the programmes and fundraising teams, offering them support in developing budgets for proposals on a full cost recovery basis, and in preparing for donor audits.
- Oversee and ensure the production of monthly management accounts, and monitor and report on variances.
- Oversee and ensure the production of the year-end accounts and financial statements, and prepare for the annual audit.
- Oversight of all donor and organisational contracts.
- Management of the finance team, and supporting in staff development and training.
- Facilities management.
- Qualified accountant with at least 3 years of experience in leading the finance function of an INGO through a period of reorganisation and change.
- Strong technical skills, with experience in preparing year-end accounts, budget preparation and monitoring, reporting to the board, and treasury.
- Experience in managing a complex grant portfolio, and a sound understanding of grant compliance & reporting.
- Proven experience managing teams remotely.
- Experience in oversight of IT, Admin and Facilities
The successful candidate will have short trips to country offices in Africa and Asia.
This role is only open to candidates with the right to work in the UK.