Our partner is a well-known and respected global INGO. They are seeking an experienced, senior member of the finance team to lead the financial year-end and external audit processes and oversee the monthly balance sheet controls and reporting.
- Lead on the financial year-end financial accounting close process, and in the preparation for year-end financial reporting for the UK, country and regional offices.
- Lead on key risk areas, identifying potential weaknesses, making recommendations and developing plans to address these before year-end.
- Lead on the annual statutory audit process, including agreeing on the audit scope, reviewing the audit findings and management responses, and following up on agreed action plans.
- Ensure that there is an appropriate control framework across all offices, responsible for driving improvements in efficiency, and in updating the country office Finance Manuals.
- Lead on monthly global balance sheet reporting.
- Lead on financial accounting services to the UK office.
- Qualified accountant with experience of operating in a complex, global organisation. Strong technical skills and knowledge of UK SORP and UK/International GAPP and legal requirements, UK VAT, PAYE and other tax issues.
- Experience of leading year-end and external audit processes.
- Proven ability of managing a cross-cultural team – remotely and in-person
- Excellent business partnering and negotiating skills, the ability to influence and liaise and work with a wide range of colleagues and other internal and external stakeholders.
This role is only open to candidates with the righ to work in the UK. Please note, applications are being reviewed and candidates are being invited on a rolling basis.