The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
ABOUT ABNEY PARK
Abney Park is a woodland memorial park and Local Nature Reserve in Stoke Newington, London, and one of the “magnificent seven” garden cemeteries of the city. The park is managed by the London Borough of Hackney in partnership with the Abney Park Trust. Our mission is to make the park a vibrant community centre where people from Stoke Newington come to enjoy nature, arts and learn history and new skills. For that purpose, we host a variety of events throughout the year, from walks and talks to theatrical and music performances, and art exhibitions. We also offer an array of courses covering different skills.
We are looking for a forward-thinking Coordinator to join us to lead this work. If you are a well organised project manager with excellent people skills, and want to be part of an exciting community project, this may be the ideal role for you!
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The post holder will be responsible for all of the Trust’s administration, visitors' centre, back-office functions, events and projects. The post holder will also fulfil the duties of Abney Park Trust company secretary as laid out in the Company Articles and in law. The post holder will undertake a key role in the Trust’s education, events and volunteering programme.
- General administration and coordination of all the Trust’s activities, acting as key link with members of the public and contractors.
- Financial and grant management: overseeing expenditure by keeping relevant records and preparing financial reports, consulting the Treasurer where necessary and preparing the Trust's annual report and accounts.
- Events and programme management: work together with the Trust Events Sub-Committee, leading on the planning and implementation of all park events and programmes.
- Volunteer management: recruit and encourage volunteers to engage, overseeing volunteer-led activities.
- Fundraising: proactively identify new sources of funding and prepare new funding applications, as well as developing new revenue generating ideas.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an eye for detail and be comfortable with the principles of financial management.
- Have demonstrable experience managing events and programmes.
- Be excited about community building and nature preservation.
- Demonstrate an ability to creatively source and implement new ideas and projects.
The role is part-time – approximately 26 hours a week and flexible working is required. The salary is the pro rata equivalent of £30,000 p.a.
Contract Length: until end Feb 2020 Start Date: as soon as possible
Responsible to: Abney Park Trust Board