- London based, permanent role
- Values-driven, global organisation specialising in the international development sector
Abt Associates a mission-driven, global leader with a proven track record in complex program implementation in the international development sector. We offer bold solutions and technical excellence in Health, Economic Growth, Governance, Research & Evaluation, Environment & Energy, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion. Working with our many partners, we have driven measurable social impact for more than 55 years, to achieve our mission of improving the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. We operate in remote and challenging environments and employ more than 3,700 staff in over 50 countries.
Abt Britain is pursuing an ambitious growth strategy and has been awarded contracts exceeding GBP 32 million in the past 12 months alone, delivering projects across sub-Saharan Africa, Eastern Europe, South Asia, and South America. We aim to build a market leadership position in the UK, deepening relationships with the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office as well as pursuing development and social impact projects for a diverse range of government, foundations, private and multilateral clients. We are expanding our Global Development Practice with investment in key technical roles across Governance, Health, Economic Growth and Climate, to provide deep technical expertise across projects and proposals for various donors globally.
Abt Britain is looking for a Business Growth and Programme Manager to join our growing and talented team in London. The Programme Manager will be responsible for:
Business Growth: Supporting Abt Britain to scale its work in the UK, including development of systems, processes and contribution to business development and proposal preparation.
Programme Delivery: Day-to day head office operational oversight of programme delivery, ensuring head contract compliance and adherence to Abt operational policies and procedures, financial and commercial management and reporting, risk management, management of sub-contractors and consultants, and quality programme delivery.
This role will principally focus on business development and proposal management initially; the programme delivery element of the role will increase to up to 50% of the role subject to business growth.
We are seeking an individual who will bring:
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with FCDO required, other UK Government clients or other European donors preferred
- Demonstrated experience of business development, including capture, proposal writing and proposal management, preferably on winning proposals for commercial contracts.
- Experience of supporting and supervising large technical assistance programmes preferable, including familiarity with project start-up / inception phase
- Track record of working effectively with remote teams in developing countries to ensure excellent programme delivery preferable, including management relationships with subcontractors and consultants.
- Demonstrated financial management capability and commercial acumen
- Ability to communicate persuasively and effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to problem solve and manage risk and compliance
- Ability to handle high volume of priorities and to supervise and coach a Programme Coordinator
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills and a good-humoured approach to challenge
- Relevant post-graduate qualification
- Experienece or knowledge in technical areas of health systems strengthening, governance, adaptive management, gender, MERL preferable
Further Information & How to Apply
Refer to the ‘Position Description’ link to view full details and key requirements for this opportunity.
Please submit your application online via the Careers Page of the Abt Associates website, including your CV and cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this role.
We welcome and thank all applicants however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 15 March 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.