Access All Areas’ new Digital Content Producer will lead on the creation of new strands of film, audio, and visual content, made specifically for social media, to help put learning disabled and autistic voices at the heart of cultural conversations online.
You will be someone who understands how to make innovative content that grabs people’s attention and cuts through on social media. You’ll be adept at visualising a concept from start to finish, and while you may have some filming or editing experience, your strength will be in conceiving and delivering excellent content that gets learning disabled and autistic voices heard.
You should be passionate about inclusion, excited to push for a greater diversity of voices in the media, and able to lead a freelance team to create innovative content that can shape conversations online and in the press.
To lead on the creation of new film, audio and visual content for social media that foregrounds learning disabled art and experience.
- Responsible to: Executive Director
- Responsible for: Digital influencer, Freelance Marketing Assistants
- Other key relationships: Artistic Director, Digital & Communications Manager.
- Lead on the creation of new film, audio and visual content for social media that foregrounds learning disabled art and experience.
- Develop strategies for content strands that raise the profile of Access All Areas, our projects, and our Associate Artists.
- Help to shape our brand voice as a radical, excellent, and positive company of learning disabled and autistic artists, who aren’t afraid to challenge society.
- Collaborate with Access All Areas’ Digital Influencer, who is learning disabled, and other Associate Artists, to ensure learning disabled voices are central to the creative development of content.
- Create content strands that enable and empower our Associate Artists to be spokespeople and influencers for learning disabled and autistic communities.
- Have experience as a producer at a media production company, agency, or publisher, preferably with entertainment experience, or have led on the development of digital content within an arts or culture organisation.
- Have experience working on video for social media.
- Have a passion for social media and keeping on top of current digital trends.
- Understand audience trends and be able to lead the creation of content that engages new and old audiences while embodying Access All Areas’ brand and tone of voice.
- Have excellent time management skills and an enthusiastic, positive approach to challenges and opportunities.
- Be a strong strategic creative thinker.
- Be a team player who is willing to collaborate with peers to resolve problems.
- Have experience working with existing brand guidelines.
- Have an interest in disability and the arts.
It’s not essential, but it might be helpful in the role if you…
- have experience or interest in disability sectors, including disability arts or activism.
- have experience of working with people with learning disabilities or autism.
- have experience or interest in theatre or the arts.
- have some experience building a range of production related documents, including call sheets, schedules, risk assessments and budget documents.
There is the option to work between 3 – 5 days per week (between 21 – 35 hours) in this role, with the salary and workload pro-rated to the number of contracted hours. The number of contracted hours will be agreed in advance and not expected to change during the contract period. This is to facilitate caring responsibilities or access needs or allow for other commitments.
Access All Areas are an equal opportunities employer. We particularly welcome people who identify as D/deaf or disabled; and Black, Asian and Global Majority applicants as they are currently underrepresented in the arts.
If you feel you meet all the requirements of the role but have difficulty applying due to access obstacles, please get in touch to discuss how we can make the process accessible for you.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form on our website by 12 midday on Monday 15 November.
Access All Areas makes award-winning, disruptive theatre by learning disabled and autistic artists.
Our performances create intimate moments of interaction between artists and audiences; occupying unexpected spaces in venues, on the streets, and in public buildings. We’ve toured our work across the UK and internationally.
Through our Performance Company we support the artistic development of some of the world’s leading learning disabled creatives, who are all graduates of our award-winning Performance Making Diploma held at the Royal School of Speech and Drama. Our Transforming Leadership programme is changing ideas of who can lead and how, and ensuring that learning disabled and autistic creatives have a voice at all levels of our culture.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.