The EY Foundation is looking for an experienced manager to lead the delivery of the Smart Futures and Our Future programmes across the Northern Hub. Smart Futures is designed to give talented young people who are disadvantaged in the labour market a better chance of securing a good job — opening up employment opportunities that have been traditionally harder to access. Over a ten month period young people get the opportunity to boost their employability skills, make connections with local employers, and gain valuable, paid work experience.
Our Future supports young people qualifying for free school meals and who face significant barriers to entering the labour market. We work in partnership with employers, who offer two weeks paid work experience to young people. There is a focus on transferrable skills development, giving participants the opportunity to develop their skillset to become more employable. Participants can gain a Level 2 adult qualification in team leading and receive six months of mentoring support.
Aside from Smart Futures and Our Future the individual will also support the wider Programmes team in assisting delivery of other established programmes e.g. Employability Workshops and other employer/grant funded initiatives.
You Key Responsibilities:
- Deliver exceptional programmes for young people across the Northern hub (and within our other hubs when required) in line with EY Foundation five year business plan and strategic targets – specifically Our Future and Smart Futures but also supporting other young people programmes e.g. employability workshops
- Work closely with clients to plan and deliver complete programmes across the Northern Hub in line with EY Foundation annual targets and quality standards
- Work with the Northern Hub Leader to identify potential schools and organisations to target for the recruitment of young people
- Collaborate with the EYF corporate sales team to identify potential employers, locally and nationally, to target for EY Foundation’s programmes.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Leading on all aspects of programme management including:
- recruiting and on-boarding young people
- recruiting and on-boarding employers involved in the programme
- recruiting, on-boarding and training volunteers at EY and other employers
- developing and consistently delivering programme content and curriculum across Northern England regions in line with accreditation requirements
- create digital content required for the website and any other marketing and communications relating to the programme and the work of the Northern hub
- co-ordinating programme logistics including room bookings and catering requirements
- reviewing, producing and updating programme materials
- maintaining risk and issues log to ensure programmes are delivered to consistently high standards in line with EY Foundation policy and procedures, and Theory of Change
- adhere to and promote EY Child Protection Policy
- deliver work in line with EY Foundation policies and procedures
- provide regular progress reports to Northern Hub Leader and Head of Young People Services where necessary
- Be a Designated Safeguarding Officer for the EY Foundation
- Identify ways to improve working methods and encourage best practice knowledge sharing across the team
- Initiate, develop and maintain positive relationships with key young people providers, local schools and colleges, employers, corporate partners and key EY stakeholders
- Ensure exceptional client service throughout the lifecycle of the programme
- Lead strong working relationships with Our Future and Smart Futures programme sponsors, office managing partners and other key stakeholders within the Northern hub
- Work closely with the programme leads and Hub Leaders across EY Foundation hubs to ensure consistently high standards across all operating locations in the UK
- Lead day to day accounts with employers engaged on the Smart Futures and Our Future programme or other allocated programmes/activities funded by grant makers/business partners
- Build strong collaborative relationships with members of the EY Foundation team to ensure the programme develops appropriately within the wider EY Foundation programme portfolio
- Coordinate with the Foundation communications team to ensure timely and consistent flow of information across internal and external communications (for example, during the programme recruitment stage)
Curriculum and Content:
- Support the development of Smart Futures and Our Future content and curriculum across the UK against programme accreditation requirements
- Support planning and development of UK wide employability workshops
- Maintain ongoing engagement of local alumni through regular communications and events
- Manage and coordinate further opportunities/events for programme alumni
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Evaluate the impact of the programme in line with the Theory of Change and make recommendations to continually improve the programme
- Collect and analyse data and feedback from the young people, volunteers and employers partaking in the programmes, identifying opportunities for improvement
- The post holder will directly manage at least one Programme Delivery Coordinator. They will be expected to work closely with this individual(s) in allocating tasks and activities.
- The individual will also be required to lead multiple small teams of c.10 volunteers (from EY and other employers) to deliver the Smart Futures and Our Future programmes and employability workshops
- Work collaboratively to support EY Foundation’s management team in all work areas as required
- The role holder must also support EY Foundation Hub Leaders in their respective locations across the UK
- Represent the EY Foundation at events (internal and external and includes evening/breakfast events)
To Qualify for the Role you must have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of issues and opportunities facing young people from disadvantaged backgrounds getting into work
- Experience of delivering programmes directly to young people
- Experience in running complex projects with diverse stakeholder involvement including business partners or grant funders
- Experience of working with corporate clients and delivering professional services
- Excellent project management experience, including managing people and resources
- Experience of managing diverse teams, including third party relationships and staff volunteers
- Leadership, sound judgement, creative flair, confidence
- Strong influencing skills
- A team player with a confident manner and a professional, flexible, positive, calm and resilient approach
- Close attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Highly organised individual
- Demonstrable ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Ability to foster positive relationships with a range of people and stakeholders
- An ability to absorb a wide range of information and communicate succinctly and effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills – written and oral
- Complete a DBS check and undertake Child Protection training
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience of working with or in a third sector organisation that supports young people
- Experience of some of the challenges facing UK employers to find young talent for their business
What working at EY Offers :
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
To apply visit our website.