Our partner has played a key role in supporting the most vulnerable people during the COVID-19 crisis in the UK. As a result of an increase in the demand for the crucial services they provide, they have grown rapidly. They have received a large number of new funds; additionally, they have incurred a large amount of unusual expenditure for pandemic-specific projects, some funded by restricted funds and some not. With this, they require additional support around income recognition and accounting for restricted funds; they are seeking an experience financial accountant to support them in getting ready for the year-end and audit.
- Review restricted funding received to determine the correct income recognition and allocation of costs, to ensure that the restricted reserves position for the year is materially correct in the accounts and individual donor/grant reporting is correct.
- Undertake monthly review of control accounts to help ensure integrity of the general ledger.
- Support with VAT returns.
- Support Head of Finance with the preparation of statutory accounts and with the statutory audit.
- Review fixed asset register and ensure correct capitalisation of new assets purchased during the year, and that depreciation rate is in line with policy
- Support on generation of some monthly reporting for budget holders, management accounts.
- Support Head of Finance with other ad hoc tasks that may be required.
- A qualified accountant with experience in fund accounting, income recognition and VAT requirements in charities.
- Experience of looking after a general ledger, performing balance sheet reconciliations, reviewing control accounts, preparing statutory accounts (charity SORP), and preparing for an external audit. Experience of grants management and charity finance is desirable.
- Good systems experience, intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically experience of preparing and presenting reports to a wide range of audience and stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a growing, changing organisation.
They are seeking someone to start within 2-3 weeks, so we can only consider applications from those immediately available to start a new role. Whilst this role is home-based, it is for a UK-based charity, and therefore we can only consider applicants with the right to work in the UK.