Our partner is a long-established international charity working to offer access to sustainable livelihoods to marginalised and vulnerable people. They are seeking an all-round Finance Manager to fulfil their accounting, financial management and reporting requirements.
- Produce the quarterly and annual management accounts, and produce and update the cashflow forecasts.
- Responsible for the project financial monitoring and reporting, working with partners to ensure that they have proper controls and procedures in place, and meeting donor compliance and reporting requirements.
- Prepare the year-end statutory accounts, and prepare for the external audit, acting as the main point of contact for the auditors.
- Oversight of cash and bank, including reconciling expense claims, cash payments and bank accounts on a monthly basis; and international transfers on a regular basis.
- Responsible for payroll, including meeting the tax and pension requirements.
- Support the trustees and senior leadership in strategic planning, and in continuous development of controls and financial systems.
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant with experience of creating and implementing internal controls and procedures, budget setting, producing management accounts, year-end accounts, and reporting. Experience of doing so within a charitable setting, and knowledge of charity SORP is desirable.
- Strong IT skills, including advanced MSExcel skills
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written – and culturally sensitive, able to work with staff and stakeholders in the UK and overseas.
- Flexible, able to manage a varied workload.