Our partner is providing essential assurance services to a number of large institutions around the world, this specialist team works closely with global clients such as UNICEF & UNDP and the The Gates Foundation – delivering and manging international development grant-funded programmes. This long established, diverse and multi-lingual team are global leaders in this field.
The Development Grant Auditor is on the frontline of this globally focussed department travelling internationally (when safe), meeting clients, colleagues and auditees. Leading meetings, leading audit teams, writing audit reports. Representing the department in person in front of multiple partners and stakeholders. Contributing to the success of our clients and to the development of auditees, as well as your colleagues. The role offers travel experiences (post pandemic) that very few other roles can match. You will
- Prepare a tailored plan for all assignments based on a good understanding of the terms of reference and the applicable contractual conditions
- Lead opening meetings with clients and auditees and present the audit findings clearly and credibly at closing meetings
- Lead assignment fieldwork teams, including locally based staff, on overseas assignments, or work alone
- Demonstrate the ability to identify issues and areas of non-compliance on an assignment and write them up as findings in a detailed, precise and clear way in the assignment report
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Be prepared to be out of the office on international assignments for up to 40% of the time*
Key skills required..
- A genuine interest in international development
- A love of international travel, preferably with experience of working or volunteering internationally
- A second language, especially French, Spanish, German, Russian or Mandarin, Portuguese & Turkish.
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- An ability to communicate in a professional, constructive and respectful manner
- At least 4 years’ proven track record in audit work
* Due to the pandemic, the international travel element of the role has been significantly reduced and replaced largely by remote work. An increase in international travel opportunities is expected when the pandemic eases.
Our partner offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, they also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
They also offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. A flexible benefits platform, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Such as;
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
For more information please Apply
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Please enquire if you have concerns about travel and the chance for more flexible working.