Our partner is an animal welfare charity going through a period of significant change. The Director of Finance & Resources will join a new leadership team, offering day-to-day oversight and responsibility of the organisation’s finance, HR and IT functions, as well as leading on specific projects.
- Develop the long-term financial strategy; this includes leading on developing mechanisms to increase grants funding, the development of the annual organisational budget, financial plans and forecasts.
- Work with the leadership team on the strategic direction and financial sustainability of the organisation; this includes providing strategic financial planning, modelling and analysis.
- Oversee the integrity of the accounting & finance function, including building and strengthening controls & processes, ensure regulatory compliance, manage the treasury function, and manage organisational risk, including the risk register.
- Strengthen the organisation’s global governance.
- Lead on understanding and managing HR and staffing requirements, and in building the skillset of the staff.
- Oversee the implementation of a new ERP IT system, both in the UK as well as global offices.
- Qualified accountant with experience leading the finance function of an international charity through a period of change.
- Strong all-round accounting, financial management, full grants cycle management, compliance, risk and financial sustainability.
- Demonstrable leadership experience, specifically around strategic decision making and financial planning, and able to adapt style to collaborate and achieve the best outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience in improving and strengthening processes, controls and systems.
- Experience of leading an HR function, and managing staffing and skills requirements
- Analytical, strategic thinker and problem solver.
- Strong people & communication skills
- High level of personal integrity, and a deep commitment to the values of the organisations.
This role offers flexible work arrangements.