Our partner has played a key role in supporting the most vulnerable people during the COVID-19 crisis in the UK. As a result of an increase in the demand for the crucial services they provide, they have grown rapidly and are at an interesting phase in the development of their finance function. Specifically for this role, they are seeking a candidate to offer full financial management of a substantial new grant received, and additionally support them through the current phase of growth, increased volume and complexity of activity.
- Lead on the full cycle management of the grant, including designing and strengthening processes and controls, providing oversight of coding and entering transactions, making corrections as required, and reconciling data.
- Supporting budget holders in all aspects of grants compliance, monitoring and reporting.
- Undertake programmes finance analysis and support in the development of reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support in the preparation of the donor audit.
- Act as a business partner to the programmes team, providing accounting & financial support, analysis and identifying risks in order to better assist resource allocation and decision making within the organisation.
- An experienced accountant (qualified or finalist) with experience in a finace role delivering a large, complex project.
- A commercial background, ideally within logistics or retail, and a strong understanding of charity finance, including grants compliance and monitoring.
- Good systems experience, intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work successfully with finance and non-finance staff, and engage a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Whilst this role is home-based, it is only open to those candidates who have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship. This is a 6 month contract. Immediate start preferred, with the organsiation open to candidates who are able to start latest by early January 2021.