Our partner offers children and youth from low income families, access to quality, affordable education. They are doing this by developing a strong curriculum, incorporating technology and other innovative learning methods, investing in teacher training and offering students, girls especially, a safe space to learn. More recently, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, created a long-distance, online learning tools to enable students to continue learning and remain safe. As they look to move from a start-up to a growth stage social enterprise, they are seeking a dynamic Finance Director to develop a resilient, multi-country finance function. This is a newly created role, and will be an interesting position for someone willing to be hands on, whilst offering strategic oversight and support.
- Ensure the integrity of the accounting and financial management systems, oversight of the transaction processes, preparation of the year-end financial statements and the annual audit, and ensuring that the organisation meets all its statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Review and strengthen the control environment, ensuring that accounting processes are understood and adhered to across the organisation.
- Establish finance systems and teams in new locations.
- Lead on organisational budget creation, developing and strengthening of budget monitoring, reporting and cashflow forecasting and reports.
- Drive on financial planning, offering the senior leadership analysis and advice on new business and growth opportunities.
- Work with senior leadership in designing the fundraising strategy (grants and investments), prepare the financial models and support presentations made to funders/investors.
- Business partnering and management of external stakeholder relationships – including investors, banks, suppliers and auditors.
- Oversight of the finance staff, responsible for hiring and retaining a qualified team.
- Senior finance professional, with an undergraduate degree and accounting qualification, and demonstrable experience of running the finance function of a fast growing small- to medium-sized enterprise (preferably in a start-up environment), including of developing controls, accounting processes and financial management tools.
- Experience of corporate finance & fund accounting.
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English
- Strong problem solver, flexible and able to handle a large and varied volume of work and responsibilities maturely
- Excellent relationship management skills, and ability to deal with stakeholders diplomatically and with tact.
- Passion for the education sector.
- Experience of working in Africa is desirable.
Salary c. $65,000 + benefits depending on experience. This role will be based in Ghana, with travel to other West African countries.