As one of the few INGOs with an operational presence in Ukraine our INGO partner is able to respond quickly with initial life-saving activities in the Donetsk and Luhansk Regions and a programme to support arriving Refugees in Moldova. Response work will link to the longer-term strategy for this area. Their work continues apace with the intention to scale-up assistance in the Central and Western Regions of Ukraine and investigating the option of a further response in Poland. The response plan includes cash assistance, food distributions, NFI distribution/ health and dignity kits, WASH, Protection and Mental Health and Psychosocial First Aid.
We are seeking passionate, professional and experienced candidates for a Humanitarian Finance Manager. We are looking for talent which thrives in collaborating with others and who can work in agile ways and across boundaries.
A reasonable combination of remote (homeworking) and in-country (Moldova) working may be possible.
As Humanitarian Finance Manager you will –
▪ Support exclusively the Humanitarian portfolio in developing and assessing donor funded project proposals and developing new products and funding
▪ Provide accurate, timely, financial information that allows the humanitarian programme to operate effectively and in alignment with financial goals
▪ Ensure best financial practice across the humanitarian programme, identify and resolve any financial management problems and ensure compliance with organisational policies and procedures
▪ Manage Project Accountants for restricted funded projects
▪ In collaboration with the Global finance team ensure appropriate resources are budgeted for full cost recovery, prefinancing and co-funding is closely monitored and managed and claims against the projects are promptly submitted and followed with the donors
In collaboration with the Global finance team, assess implementing partner capacity.
Support implementing partners remotely and through visits in improving areas highlighted in partner assessments, partners audits or identified during project implementation
▪ Support implementing partners to have effective fraud and bribery mechanisms in place, addressing and resolving any issues
▪ Review and process monthly or quarterly accounts of the implementing partners and produce and analyse financial progress reports
▪ Produce donor financial reports and arrange, coordinate and follow up on project and partner audits
▪ Support the establishment of protocols, incentives and coordination, to ensure clarity and efficiency in how the team will work together
▪ Ensure compliance with organization and donor accounting and financial reporting requirements
You will be someone with:
▪ A part or full qualification with one of the major accounting bodies
▪ Track record of providing strategic financial support to senior management teams
▪ Strong hands-on experience in working with humanitarian teams and implementing partners in complex international settings
▪ Strong hands-on experience in dealing with Emergency Programme and humanitarian contexts
▪ Experience in developing budget proposals, managing donor contracts, preparing and reviewing donor financial reports, coordinating project and partners audits
▪ Proven ability to support non-finance staff and managers in reviewing financial information, with coaching and capacity building skills
▪ Ability to work at strategic level in terms of funding, identifying gaps and risks and providing appropriate solutions
▪ Strong written and spoken English
A reasonable combination of remote and incountry working may be possible.
Please include a summary of your experience and your reasons for applying in your aplication.