Our partner, a long serving charity is seeking a Financial Controller to oversee the integrity of its finance function in the UK, and strengthen global financial policies and procedures.
- Oversee the smooth running of the day-to-day finance functions, including the accounting ledgers, monthly reconciliations, and managing the month-end process.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen internal controls, and the processes and procedures in place, both in the UK as well as global offices.
- Business partnering with the programmes team to provide advice and support on financial management, internal controls, and systems & procedures.
- Lead on the preparation of the statutory accounts for the UK and USA entities and consolidated accounts, and manage the external audit process.
- Review the statutory accounts of the global offices.
- Monitor and report on the global cash position
- Ensure appropriate measures and protocols are in place for banking, implement controls for safe transfer of funds and payments, and act as the main point of contact for the organisation’s banks.
- Line management responsibility of junior members of the team, including supporting their professional development.
- Experienced, qualified accountant with significant post-qualification in strengthening internal controls, policies and procedures; financial accounting – including producing consolidated statutory accounts and preparing for an external audit; and treasury management.
- Experience working in charity finance, and specifically experience of charity SORP and FRS02.
- Experience of working a multi-country, multi-currency environment.
- Strong business partner, a team player, culturally sensitive, with the ability to work with a range of staff and internal & external stakeholders, in-person and remotely.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong IT & systems skills.
This role is home-based during the pandemic, however, once things open up will require an office presence of 2-3 days/week.