Our partner is women’s health and empowerment organisation. They are seeking an exceptional business partner to manage the portfolio of grant funding from institutional donors in the UK and Europe. The role is quite broad in its scope – providing financial management support through the full project cycle, and acting as a business partner to country office teams, implementing partners, and donors.
- Support in developing budget for donor proposals (including payment by results), working with country offices and implementing partners, that these are developed on a full-cost recovery basis.
- Responsible for grants compliance – ensuring that new projects are set-up accurately, invoices are submitted on time & in the correct format – and reporting – ensuring that reports are submitted in a timely manner, any changes in financial guidelines are understood and adhered to, and projects are closed out in a timely manner.
- Provide analysis & information to ensure accurate cashflow forecasting, and on the life of a project.
- Act a business partner to the programmes team, country offices & implementing partners, providing advice and training on donor reporting & compliance issues.
- Responsible for programme accounting.
- Lead in the preparation for donor audits, and support the year-end audit process.
- Qualified accountant, or finalist, with experience in project accounting & the financial management of complex institutional grants that cover multiple regions & partners.
- Experience of grants compliance, management and reporting of UK & European institutional donors including DfID, EU, Danish, German & the Dutch government. This includes experience of PBR grants.
- Exceptional business partner, able to work effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in working in an INGO across cultures.
- Fluency in French is desirable.
This role is only open to candidates with the right to work in the UK.