Our partner, a well-respected charity, works to support & empower people to live their lives fully, and educates and advocates for inclusiveness. It seeks a Head of Finance to ensure that the charity is able to deliver on its strategy and programmes in the UK.
- Lead on the production of the annual budget, working with department heads to maximise income, recover costs as fully as possible, and ensure that programmes are being delivered on a value for money basis.
- Act as a strategic business partner to department heads, providing financial advice and supporting them in delivering strategic objectives.
- Working with the broader finance team to develop & strengthen reporting and performance; ensure that annual financial statements are produced in a timely manner, and that the charity remains compliant to statutory requirements; and ensure risk management is embedded in individual departments and the organisation overall.
- Support the CFO in preparing the annual report & accounts, and in providing an appraisal of the financial health of the charity
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable experience heading up the finance function of charity, and experience of offering strategic analysis and advice to Board of Trustees and Finance & Audit Committees.
- Strong experience and skills in technical financial accounting (including an awareness of UK GAAP and charity SORP requirements), management accounting (developing budgets on a full cost recovery basis for the organisation as well as for individual grant proposals), and analysis (advising on business cases for proposals and fundraising).
- Experience of developing and strengthening internal controls, and of risk management.
- Experience of managing a complex grant portfolio within a charity setting.
- Strong communicator, with developed presentation and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with a range of stakeholders, both within the organisation and externally.
- Advanced Excel skills
This role is only open to those candidates with the right to work in the UK.