Our Partner has been present in Ukraine for nearly 10 years and is one of the few INGOs based in country, with a total workforce of 250+. As one of the few INGOs with an operational presence in Ukraine, they were able to respond quickly with initial life-saving activities in the Donetsk and Luhansk Regions and a programme to support arriving Refugees in Moldova.
Working closely with the Humanitarian Finance Manager for the Ukraine response you will:
- Lead on donor financial reporting – establishing audit trails, understanding donor requirements etc.
- Advise on all aspects of the financial management of externally funded project work e.g. funding allocations, exchange rate impact, interest calculations, income monitoring, etc.
- Facilitate and provide support to programme managers/budget holders on the budget development for new donors/projects
- Oversee field /area offices on donor financial reporting and compliance
- Ensure offices and relevant staff have copies of donor contracts and, a system to track compliance with contractual obligations
- Prepare all donor financial reports as required ensuring they are accurate, timely, of high quality and meet donor requirements before submission to the Finance Manager for final review and sign-off
- Reconciliation of donor financial reports to accounting systems and ensuring variances that cannot be adjusted to match are clearly communicated and recorded
- Provide support in training finance staff, programme officers and managers on donor regulations, regulations and key contractual obligations that need to be considered in budget development and reporting
- Contribute to development of financial/funding policies, procedures and strategy
- Work closely with the Finance Manager on the preparation and analysis of adjusting journal entries and recharges of expenses during month ends and year-end
- Work closely with the Finance Manger to ensure specific donor requirements are adhered to and those that are not are flagged, actioned to comply agreed, and followed up in all aspects including: procurement, fund reimbursement request, formats etc.
- Liaise with major external donors finance department as needed to clarify specific requirements and guidelines, resolve queries on submitted financial reports in consultation with the programme managers and budget holders
- Develop appropriate tools for better donor financial accounting
- Travel to country/area offices as required
- Provide cover for the Finance Manager
You will be someone with:
- Substantial prior accounting experience including budgeting, year-end accounting and provision and development of financial and donor reporting, preferably in a humanitarian /development context
- A recognised accountancy qualification (HD) or equivalent minimum of 5 years’ experience in Finance and donor reporting
- Strong budget management skills and donor financial reporting with and other institutional donors
- Ability to form a credible partnership with finance colleagues and managers from all functions on finance and donor requirements issues
- Strong communication skills in English
- Ability to achieve results by influence and persuasion
- Flexibility and adaptability to change priorities and work location at short notice
- Understanding of the complexities of working in a multicultural environment
- Extensive Microsoft office experience skills
- A good analytical thinker
- Capacity to organise work effectively and support teams to do so
- Willingness to travel around the response locations as required
Applicants must be willing to accomodate location changes that could include Moldova and Poland. Assistance will be provided with all appropriate associated incountry costs.
Please include your nationality upon application.