Our partner works to influence policy outcomes and to ensure that resources are being used effectively and reaching those that they are intended to reach. They are seeking an Interim CFO to offer strategic analysis and development support, strengthen the finance function and build internal capacity in the organisation as they look to develop their new 10-year strategy plan.
- Developing forward-looking financial models, undertaking scenario modelling & developing a financial strategy to underpin the organisational strategy, and 3-year operational plans.
- Develop budget monitoring, income generation & cashflow monitoring tools.
- Provide the Executive Team with analysis and information to support in decision making.
- Develop and implement an internal audit plan.
- Strengthen grants compliance & management skills, specifically of DfID funds.
- Provide coaching / mentoring support to the Head of Finance, and work with them to identify what financial structure the organisation will need as they grow.
- Support HoF in meeting financial and legal obligations
- Experienced senior finance professional, with a background in modelling, analysis, strategic decision making and leading an organisation through a period of growth.
- Qualified accountant, with a strong technical skillset in accounting, controlling, financial management and reporting.
- Experience of managing an international charity with a complex structure and multiple income streams. Knowledge of grants compliance & reporting, specifically of DfID funds.
- Experience of coaching senior finance staff in their roles.
This is a part-time role over a 9 month period, with a minimum of 2 days/week commitment required. Initially, this will be home-based, however, once the offices reopen, there will be an expectation for the individual to be office-based. As such, this role is only open to those candidates with the right to work in the UK.