Our partner has played a key role in supporting the most vulnerable people during the COVID-19 crisis in the UK. As a result of an increase in the demand for the crucial services they provide, they have grown rapidly and are at an interesting phase in the development of their finance function. They are seeking an experience management accountant to support them through this phase of increased volume and complexity of activity, and to act as a business partner engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts, variance analysis and reports, and engaging with department heads to manage these.
- Act as a business partner to the programmes team, providing accounting & financial support, analysis and identifying risks in order to better assist resource allocation and decision making within the organisation.
- Support in the creation of a reporting structure for new projects, working with the finance and programmes team to introduce and embed this.
- Work with the Head of Finance in preparing reports for senior leadership and the board of trustees.
- Support the Head of Finance with other projects including revising and documenting their processes, a system implementation, and coaching and developing junior members of the team.
- An experienced accountant (qualified or finalist) with experience in budget preparation, preparing management accounts, undertaking variance & commercial analysis, reporting, developing controls, processes & systems, and systems implementation.
- Good systems experience, intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work successfully with finance and non-finance staff, and engage a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a 9 month fixed-term contract. This role is only open to candidates with the right to work in the UK.