These unique and rewarding freelance audit opportunities would suit experienced experienced audit professionals that are flexible, love diverse travel experiences(post pandemic/ international safe zones), meeting inspiring people and supporting very worthwhile causes. AfID is recruiting on behalf of a leading specialist in assurance services for international institutional donors such as the UN, World Bank, FIFA, DFID & The Gates Foundation. Short audit assignments would suit experienced qualified audit professionals with grant audit / management experience, ideally in a not-for-profit/ international development context
Complete international grant expenditure audits for a diverse range of projects (grant recipients) funded by international donor institutions ranging from emergency aid, to long term development in areas such as agriculture, health or infrastructure, to more commercial projects such as SME development or technical research. Assignments are 1-3 weeks in length and based across the European mainland and the developing world. These are offered on an assignment by assignment basis, one to two months in advance. Please note there is no guaranteed period of work within the contract. Contractors can be based outside the UK on the European mainland but must be able to work within the EU.
- Qualified ACA / ACCA or equivalent – 5+ years post qualified experience
- Grant management and audit and reporting experience with international institutions. Preference given to individuals that have worked on UN or EC grant assurance assignments
- Diplomacy and cultural sensitivity while working with a hugely diverse range of clients and beneficiaries
- A real interest in international development and associated funding structures
- Fluency in a second language Spanish, German, French, Arabic, Portuguese, Mandarin, Russian or Turkish
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills in English.
- Resilience and adaptability
- At least 5+ years of relevant audit experience
- Ability to work under pressure; Strong planning, organisational and time management skills
- Sound technical and analytical skills, report writing and presentation skills
Passionate about international travel and development and willing to work in international locations. Individual must be prepared to travel to challenging location when it is deemed safe to do so. Individuals must also be able to demonstrate effective past working practices when working remotely with a range of clients.