Our partner is a well-respected advocacy INGO. They are seeking to recruit a Project Accountant to provide financial management support to project managers and the broader programmes teams. The partner is keen on seeing applications from auditors with an interest and some experience in international development.
- Prepare project budgets, monitor expenditure and cashflows, and prepare management accounts, including variance analyses and supporting narrative reports.
- Grant management, compliance and reporting – preparing financial reports to donors, ensuring that these meet their requirements.
- Ensure the integrity and operational effectiveness of project accounting procedures, developing, and maintaining these as required.
- Finance business partner to project teams and partners, helping them understand variances in their budgets and expenditures, identifying material issues and proposing solutions and implementing recommendations in a timely manner.
- Supporting the broader finance team in any ad hoc analysis, reporting and project work as required
- Accountant, qualified or QBE, with at least 5 years of experience in accounting, an understanding of accounting & finance principles and management accounting & reporting.
- Experience of project accounting, grant compliance & management is desirable; an understanding of the grant compliance & reporting requirements of the EU and German government grants is desirable.
- Strong IT skills, including advanced MSExcel skills.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate financial matters to non-finance staff.
- Quick learner, organised and flexible, able to meet tight deadlines.
- Fluent in English, with excellent spoken and reporting writing skills. Working knowledge of French or Spanish is highly desirable.
- Culturally sensitive
This role is open to candidates with the right to work in the EU. For those candidates outside of Germany, some relocation costs, including the cost of obtaining a permit (if required) will be covered.