Our partner in an international relief and humanitarian organisation currently working on refugee resettlement in the UK.
- Creation and regular review of the organisational budget, cashflow forecasts and reforecasts, and quarterly updated on country office budgets and budget forecasts.
- Full grant cycle management from preparation of budgets for submission of proposals, donor compliance, grants management, analysis and reporting, and grants close out and audits.
- Finalising transactions, including reviewing the account and cost allocation centres of expenditures, preparing accounting adjustments, and undertaking balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Review all purchase order and purchase requests for proper coding and allocation.
- Meet internal reporting requirements
- Qualified or part qualified accountant with at least three years of experience working in a project/programmes finance role within an international charity.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting, including allocating expenditure, undertaking balance sheet reconciliations and preparing a trial balance.
- Knowledge of grants and contracts compliance, management and reporting, within an INGO or local government context.
- Experience of providing financial management and monitoring support to senior finance and programmes staff.
- Intermediate/advanced MSExcel skills, and strong IT/systems skills.
- Excellent organisational, time management skills and ability to work independently, with minimum supervision.
- Strong relationship and communication skills.
This role offers hybrid working with the successful individual expected to be office based in London 2-3 days/week.