Our partner is a recognised organisation working to offer greater safety to people in conflict- affected communities, and the opportunity to rebuild their lives, livelihoods and futures in the aftermath of war. They are seeking two Regional Finance Officers to support in the provision of financial leadership to their global programmes. Both are newly created positions, and are an excellent entry-level roles for finance professionals looking to work in international charity finance.
- Work with the Regional Finance Manager in the financial monitoring the portfolio of grants and contracts across the region, supporting in the development of appropriate controls, processes and tools to ensure effective management of these.
- Support in the production of timely donor reports, and in monitoring project costs to completion.
- Provide support in developing donor budgets, and country budgets.
- Support in the day-to-day programmes finance – entering monthly journals, reviewing and reconciling country cashbooks, and reviewing and reconciling payment requests and reports from implementing partners.
- Assist in monitoring of compliance against donor regulations, the organisational requirements, and overseas statutory regulations.
- Assist in preparing for grant and external audits.
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant with strong accounting, financial management, and risk management skills.
- Strong finance business partner, able to coordinate and review information from country offices and implementing partners.
- Grants compliance, management and reporting experience, specifically experience of managing DfID, ECHO and UN funds.
- Astute & succinct, with excellent communication skills, and demonstrable experience of working with finance and non-finance staff.
- Resilient and culturally sensitive, willing to work in a challenging environment.
- Previous experience of working in a finance role in a humanitarian context is highly desirable.
The role offers flexible working options. For full job description and candidate profile please apply &/or email AfID with a copy of your CV.