Turn your back on dull statutory audit assignments AND take your audit skills GLOBAL, into a truly rewarding and challenging new sector, where your work is critical to the success of development projects.
Our partner is providing essential assurance services to a number of large institutions around the world, this specialist team works closely with global clients such as UNICEF & The World Bank and the The Gates Foundation – delivering and manging international development grant-funded programmes. This long established, diverse and multi-lingual team are global leaders in this field.
This role is on the frontline of this globally focussed department travelling internationally (when safe), meeting clients, colleagues and auditees. Leading meetings, leading audit teams, writing audit reports. Representing the department in person in front of multiple partners and stakeholders. Contributing to the success of critical development projects worldwide - focused on public healthcare, education, disease prevention, and conservation across the developing world. The role offers travel experiences (post pandemic) that very few other roles can match. You will
- Prepare a tailored plan for all assignments based on a good understanding of the terms of reference and the applicable contractual conditions
- Lead opening meetings with clients and auditees and present the audit findings clearly and credibly at closing meetings
- Lead assignment fieldwork teams, including locally based staff, on overseas assignments, or work alone
- Demonstrate the ability to identify issues and areas of non-compliance on an assignment and write them up as findings in a detailed, precise and clear way in the assignment report
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Be prepared to be out of the office on international assignments for up to 40% of the time*
Key skills required..
- A genuine interest in International Development and making a difference.
- A love of international travel, preferably with experience of working or volunteering internationally
- A second language, especially French, Spanish, German, Russian, Arabic, or Mandarin, Portuguese & Turkish.
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- An ability to communicate in a professional, constructive and respectful manner
- At least 4 years’ proven track record in audit work