Job Description : Fundraising Manager
Job Title : Fundraising Manager
Job Location : Ace of Clubs, Clapham, SW4 7AP
Hours : Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Reports to : Ace of Clubs Trustees Management Committee
Responsible for : Fundraising, Shops Manager
Purpose of Job.
To proactively seek out funding opportunities, develop project concepts and proposals, and to prepare and submit detailed applications for funding.
To oversee the management of two charity retail shops, and staff, for generating additional income streams.
Key duties :
- To develop a deep understanding of Ace of Clubs work and values, so as to identify key matches with external donors.
- Take the lead on research for new income streams from donors (such as Institutions, Trusts, Foundations, Corporates, individuals).
- To develop and prepare compelling and high quality funding proposals that are strategically relevant and attractive.
- Write, co-ordinate, submit funding applications to donors.
- To generate income from a range of donors, across a number of projects, to agreed targets, with a focus on large grants.
- Lead on account management of existing donors (providing regular contact, updates and required reports).
- To develop and maintain excellent relationships with a portfolio of existing and potential donors, through networking, face-to-face meetings, regular communications and high quality reporting.
- Manage the on-going process of Ace of Clubs funding applications, ensuring all internal and external deadlines are met.
- Manage donor and application database (both existing and potential).
- To innovatively consider, devise, promote fundraising events and activities for Ace of Clubs (including digital and cashless giving).
- To manage and promote Ace of Clubs internet and social media presence.
Retail charity shops.
- Effectively manage the Shops Manager, who is responsible for the smooth-running of two charity shops (i.e. staff management and rotas, shop lay-outs, stock management and control).
- Imaginatively direct sales initiatives and promotions.
- Develop an Ace of Clubs Shop brand.
- Utilise shops as means of raising the profile of Ace of Clubs and associated activities.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations as stated in Ace of Clubs employee handbook.
- This job description is not exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other appropriate duties, responsibilities and projects from time to time.
Internal : Trustees Management Committee, Company Secretary, Manager of Centre Operations, Shops Manager.
External : Grant-making Trusts, Foundations, Corporates, Institutions and individual donors.
- Good basic education to GCSE.
- Minimum level C (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
- Degree (or further education) expected but not a pre-requisite.
- Institute of Fundraising (or equivalent) desirable.
- A proven track record of a minimum of three years successful fundraising, preferably in the charity sector.
- Ability to work flexible hours, particularly in meeting deadlines.
- Energy, enthusiasm and flair to work hard and achieve ambitious targets.
- Proven ability to manage and develop relationships.
- Proven database experience.
- Proven experience of thinking, developing and delivering “strategically”.
Skills and competencies.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities.
- Proven time management skills with regard to prioritising and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and presentation abilities.
- Staff management experience.
- High standard of numeracy, computer competency, digital skills.
- Experience of interacting with members of senior management (such as Directors at Board Level, or Trustees).
- Highly motivated and ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with staff, volunteers, donors, sponsors and trustees.
- A proactive and creative approach.
- Commitment to delivering quality services.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity to, and understanding of, the needs of Ace of Club’s client group.
- Good diplomatic skills.
Stage 1 : Submit C.V. and cover letter through Charity Job, online.
Stage 2 : Short-listed candidates invited to preliminary interview with Ace of Clubs interviewing committee.
Stage 3 : Finalists invited to interview with Ace of Clubs Trustees Management Committee, involving presentation from candidate according to previously notified criteria.